Accepting These Terms
The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and Stockabl. This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Stockabl.com or any of our subsidiaries. By using any of our Services (which includes browsing our website), you’re agreeing to the Terms. If you don’t agree with the Terms, you may not use our Services.
Role Specific Policies
Depending on your role within our ecosystem, different additional policies may apply to you.
All of these policies are a part of our Terms, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant for you. Of course, you’ll still want to read the rest of this document because it applies to everyone!
Both Stockabl and sellers process members’ personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and are therefore considered separate and independent data controllers of buyers’ personal information under EU law. That means that each party is responsible for the personal information it processes in providing the Services. For example, if a seller accidentally discloses a buyer’s name and email address when fulfilling another buyer’s order, the seller, not Stockabl, will be responsible for that unauthorized disclosure.
If, however, Stockabl and sellers are found to be joint data controllers of buyers’ personal information, and if Stockabl is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Stockabl for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
Your Account with Stockabl
You’ll need to create an account with Stockabl to use our Services. Here are a few rules about accounts:
- You must be 18 or older to use our Services. Otherwise, if you are 13 or older, you may only use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who manages your account. Children under 13 are not permitted to use Stockabl or the Services.
- Be honest with us. Provide accurate information about yourself. Do not use false information or impersonate someone else while on the platform.
- Choose an appropriate name. If you decide to not have your full name serve as the name associated with your account, you may not use language that is offensive, vulgar, or infringes someone’s intellectual property rights, or otherwise violates the Terms.
- You are responsible for your account. You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Accounts are not transferable.
- Protect your password. As we mentioned above, you’re solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it’s important to keep your account password secure.
- Relationships. These Terms don’t create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employment, or franchisee relationship between you and Stockabl. Also, please don’t list us as your employer on LinkedIn unless you actually work for us.
Content that you post using our Services is your content (so let’s refer to it as “Your Content”). We don’t make any claim to it. That includes anything you post using our Services (like shop names, profile pictures, listing photos, listing descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, usernames, etc.).
- Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting Your Content through our Services, you grant Stockabl a license to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help Stockabl function and grow (i.e. posting images on social medai or other publicity, etc).
- Rights You Grant Stockabl. By posting Your Content, you grant Stockabl a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Services and to promote Stockabl, your Stockabl shop, or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any Stockabl Services or third-party website or advertising medium. Remember – it’s still Your Content, but we want to be able to use it to promote your shop and the platform in general.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. Stockabl respects intellectual property rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to the Services without your permission and you want it removed, please send a report to email@example.com . If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. We’ll notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False, or Misleading Content. There are certain types of content we don’t want posted on Stockabl’s Services (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive or in violation of our Prohibited Items Policy, or any part of our Terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
Your Use of Our Services
License to Use Our Services. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services—subject to the Terms and the following restrictions in particular:
- A. Don’t Break the Law. You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal, and international laws that may apply to you.
- B. Pay Your Bills. You are responsible for paying all fees that you owe to Stockabl. Except as set forth below, you are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through our Services.
- C. Don’t Crawl Our Site. You agree not to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
- D. Don’t Hack Our System. You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- E. Follow Our Trademark Policy. The names “Stockabl” and the other Stockabl marks, phrases, logos, and designs that we use in connection with our Services, are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Stockabl in the US and other countries.
- F. Share Your Ideas. We love your suggestions and ideas! They can help us improve your experience and our Services. Any unsolicited ideas or other materials you submit to Stockabl (not including Your Content or items you sell through our Services) are considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
- G. Talk to Us Online. Stockabl will provide you with certain legal information in writing. By using our Services, you’re agreeing to our Electronic Communications Policy, which describes how we provide that information to you. It says that we can send you information electronically (by email, etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies, and that your electronic agreement is the same as your signature on paper.
Termination By You. You are free to leave the platform at any time from your account settings page, or you can email us for assistance in terminating your account. All outstanding bills will still be due regardless of account status.
Termination By Us. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example, to sell or buy on our websites or mobile apps. Stockabl may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
If you or we terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including Your Content.
We May Discontinue the Services. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue any of the Services at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Services.
Survival. The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability (or the Things You Can’t Sue Us For)
Items You Purchase. You understand that Stockabl does not manufacture, store, or inspect any of the items sold through our Services. We provide the venue; the items in our marketplaces are produced, listed, and sold directly by independent sellers, so Stockabl cannot and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety, or even their legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You release Stockabl from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers, or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims).
Content You Access. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. We make no representations concerning any content posted by users through the Services. Stockabl is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by users that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
People You Interact With. You can use the Services to interact with other individuals, either online or in person. However, you understand that we do not screen users of our Services, and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other users. Please be careful and exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with others, especially if you are meeting someone in person.
|Warranties. You understand that our Services are provided “as is” and without any kind of warranty (express or implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
We do not guarantee that: (i) the Services will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) the Services will be free of viruses or other harmful materials; or (iv) the results of using the Services will meet your expectations. You use the Services solely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Liability Limits. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Stockabl, nor our employees or directors shall be liable to you for any lost profits or revenues, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms. In no event shall Stockabl’s aggregate liability for any damages exceed the greater of one hundred ($100) US Dollars or the amount you paid Stockabl in the past twelve months. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Indemnification (or What Happens If You Get Us Sued)
If Stockabl gets sued because an action you undertook, you agree to defend and indemnify us, meaning you’ll defend Stockabl (including any of our employees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Services, your breach of the Terms, or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
We reserve the right to handle our legal defense however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
Disputes with Other Users
If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of Stockabl’s Services or a third party, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute amicably.
Stockabl will attempt to help you resolve disputes in good faith and based solely on our interpretation of our policies, in our sole discretion; we will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims. Stockabl has no obligation to resolve any disputes.
Release of Stockabl. You release Stockabl from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
Disputes with Stockabl
Please let us know if you have any issues with Stockabl or our Services. We will do our best to resolve your issue, but if we can’t, then these are the rules that will govern any legal disputes with our Services:
- Governing Law. The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflict of laws rules, and the laws of the United States of America. These laws will apply no matter where in the world you live, but if you live outside of the United States, you may be entitled to the protection of the mandatory consumer protection provisions of your local consumer protection law.
- Arbitration. You and Stockabl agree that any dispute or claim arising from or relating to the Terms shall be finally settled by final and binding arbitration, using the English language, administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules then in effect (those rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section, and as of the date of these Terms you can find them here or by calling the AAA at 1–800–778–7879). Arbitration will be handled by a sole arbitrator in accordance with those rules. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court that has jurisdiction. Any arbitration under the Terms will take place on an individual basis–class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. You understand that by agreeing to the Terms, you and Stockabl are each waiving the right to trial by jury or to participate in a class action or class arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to bring an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable or conservatory relief, pending a final decision by the arbitrator. You may instead assert your claim in “small claims” court, but only if your claim qualifies, your claim remains in such court, and your claim remains on an individual, non-representative, and non-class basis.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment for any and all reasonable AAA filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees will be in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules. If the value of your claim does not exceed $10,000, Stockabl will pay for the reasonable filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration, unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose.
- Forum. We’re based in Houston, Texas, so any legal action against Stockabl related to our Services must be filed and take place in Houston. That means the seat of any arbitration shall be Houston. For any actions not subject to arbitration, you (where your contract is with Stockabl, Inc.) and Stockabl agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in Harris County, Texas or the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Government Exception. If you are a government agent or entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity, and you are legally unable to agree to the clauses in this section, then those clauses do not apply to you. In that case, the Terms and any action related to the Terms will be governed by the laws of the United States (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of Texas.
- Modifications. If we make any changes to this “Disputes with Stockabl” section after the date you last accepted the Terms, those changes will not apply to any claims filed in a legal proceeding against Stockabl prior to the date the changes became effective. Stockabl will notify you of substantive changes to the “Disputes with Stockabl” section at least 30 days prior to the date the change will become effective. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you may send Stockabl a written notification (including email) or close your account within those 30 days. By rejecting a modified term or permanently closing your account, you agree to arbitrate any disputes between you and Stockabl in accordance with the provisions of this “Disputes with Stockabl” section as of the date you last accepted the Terms, including any changes made prior to your rejection. If you reopen your closed account or create a new account, you agree to be bound by the current version of the Terms.
Changes to the Terms
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll definitely let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (1) posting the changes through the Services or (2) sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
The Terms, including all of the policies that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and Stockabl regarding the Services. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Terms.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at: hello@Stockabl.com.
Last updated March 22, 2018